Monday, May 04, 2009

"A man is not an orange. You can't eat the fruit and throw the peel away”- Arthur Miller (I think!)


“An orange on the table, your dress on the rug, and you in my bed, sweet present of the present, cool of night, warmth of my life.”
Jacques Prevert (French poet, 1900-1977)

Readers of this blog may have been hoping for some insightful political commentary or even (and rather more likely) some vacuous prose about politics or more generally Southampton affairs- unfortunately instead I have just spent the last half an our cleaning my desk after the bottle of orange juice I forgot to remove on Thursday fermented, exploded and then dried to a cement like consistency all over my desk!
And I thought the 'Orange Book ' was about Liberalism- post accident, the (now) orange book on my desk is a copy of 'Reach for the Ground' by Jeffrey Bernard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home