Sunday, August 05, 2007

Not quite White...

this bloody blender...


Last week I happened to be passing through Highclere near Newbury on a bit of business when I stumbled on Marco Pierre White's gastropub, the Yew Tree Inn.


Remembering its proprietor was the youngest ever restaurateur to ever be awarded the accolade of three Michelin stars at 33 years of age as well as the original enfant terrible of the kitchen, as famous for his tantrums as his fantastic, groundbreaking food, I wandered inside for a drink.


The decor and menu, not to say wine list was fantastic but I thought I would have a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord ale. After coughing up the #2.90, I was slightly amused to find the beer was rancid, undrinkable! Swapping it for a sparkling mineral water, I resisted the temptation to pour the offending article over the great man himself who was bawling down a mobile in a Range Rover parked outside the pub...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home