Monday, July 31, 2006

Southampton City Council's useless IT Department


Don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry...

I read an interesting post on Cllr Jeremy Moulton's blog today (see link on right),
"It seems that while I was away the Council tried to forward on my emails to my private email address so I could keep an eye on my work whilst away (sad I know).Unfortunately due to a technical error I didnt get the emails forwarded on and the Council appear to have lost them from their computers. So I am afraid I have lost a lot of correspondence. If you emailed me between 12th and 27th July and you need me to reply, please can you re-email me?"
Well it seems a bit more serious than that actually. The balence of probability is that some functionary in the IT department actually forwarded the emails, many of them confidential in nature, to a member of the public's email address in error and then deleated the originals. No wonder Moulton is furious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home