Wednesday, September 03, 2008

In the cabinet!

oh happy days...!


Well its been a long time since I've blogged and its been down mostly pressure of time and (oddly), actually something of writers block as I haven't had much interesting to say that frankly hasn't been said more eloquently or been better informed elsewhere.

Still big news- following my friend's Gavin Dick's resignation, the Leader of the Council has appointed me as the (absurdly titled but hopefully still important job) of Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport. I will be blogging over the next few weeks over aspects of the role but I have to say I'm impressed so far by the commitment of the Officers I've been working with and also the political generosity of both my political allies and opponents in not only offering their congratulations but also their assistance and support.
It is a job I've aspired to as a councillor, one that is not going to be without its challenges but one that should also be great fun and a huge challenge!
My main and immediate problem is that trying to play myself into the new role while holding down running my own business is resulting in no small measure of sleep deprivation!!!
I'm off to bed!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt
Well done, further up the greasy pole.
My friends daughter is the youth parliament representative for Southampton. She is campaigning for cheaper fares for under 18's. I told her you may disagree with her but would listen.
Good luck in your new post. Environment is very important.

3:54 pm  
Blogger The Liberal Party Soton said...

Congrats Matt but please inform the electorate what skills and knowledge will you bring to the role?

Will we see a full park n ride service for our city?

Will we see an effective clean up of our parklands and grasslands?

Where will the wind turbines be situated?

With you in charge I hope to see some policies being completed which really will make a difference to Southamptons residents.

9:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new appointment!

I look forward to seeing you do everything in your power to encourage the good people of Southampton to walk (on the pavements) and cycle (on the roads) and leave their cars at home (on the driveway if they have one, on the road and not the pavement otherwise; better still, in the car showrooms).

Pip-pip!

8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home