Friday, October 05, 2007

Pick up the 'phone Councillor...


his Daughter and well known WAG, Mel Slade knows how to use a phone even if he doesn't...
incidently this picture was taken as Mel collected her A level results from Sholing College
pic copyright Solent.



The humdrum of political life!

Normally on the first Friday of the month I go for a drive round Southampton looking at sites that I will be considering at the Planning & Rights of Way panel the following Tuesday. Today I find myself with a bit of time on my hands as I know almost all the sites under consideration and those I don't, I'll go and look at tommorow.

The net result is I've got an unexpected hour on my hands so I'm blogging and whingeing about the Chairman of the Planning Panel, Lib-Dem John Slade. I wrote to him last Monday (and I only wrote because he doesn't read his emails...) about the way the meetings are structured and also how the committee decides items of business following representations from the public and other Councillors- as yet no reply.
Readers may be interested to know Cllr Slade was one of the members who voted himself a special allowance of £5,324 for Chairing the panel which meets for a day a month...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt
I don't know why you are attacking Slade, from what I have heard he is very sympathetic to the Tories

5:08 pm  
Blogger Matt Dean said...

Well he addressed my concerns in the end- albeit on the day of the panel meeting.

6:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home