Friday, September 15, 2006

New Conservative Party logo



I was tipped off this morning that the Conservative Party logo is ready to be unveiled and after a little bit
of hunting here are two late drafts.
Apparently the re-branding exercise cost £40,000!
The traditionalists will hate it of course and attack the Party leadership for the cost but actually I think its quite good. It is actually the third logo that the Party has used under Cameron's tenure (the first being the 'Change to Win ,Win for Britain' device and the second being the 'Vote Blue, Go Green' logo that was paraded in last May's local elections) and the latest incarnation of the torch is about three years old having had a make over making it more muscular under Howard (see previous post).
Unfortunately I am busy busy busy designing a 'sorry you were out' card for use by one of my mates who is canvassing Saturday, not to mention trying to gear my pub up for the weekend so haven't got time to tell you any more of what I think of it but let me know your views and I will add a post Saturday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Newell said...

What has been scribbled out? Conservative values?

6:56 pm  
Blogger Matt Dean said...

very good! I see in the latest opinion poll UKIP are now registering at 1% across the UK (not just England). If the rating falls anymore, it won't be recorded seperately.

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it- different, modern and contemporary.

7:04 pm  
Blogger Matt Dean said...

The picture is of an Oak Tree. One wag told me that the Conservatives chose an oak tree as it contains more pests that any other species native to these shores!

7:07 pm  
Blogger Ryan Newell said...

You mean the same poll that puts Labour above you?

8:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home