Monday, April 28, 2008

Some people just don't get it!

alright my son?
Over the weekend I bumped into one of the handful of Independent candidates who is standing in the Southampton City council elections. Unlike some areas - such as parts of Winchester being about closest locally, Southampton has had no tradition of electing independents in recent times. That didn't stop the candidate being convinced and I mean convinced that they were going to win. I didn't have the heart to tell them I thought they would probably come fourth- or worse!
I will spare their modesty in not naming them, after all there is much truth in the adage that you should always be nice to people on the way up, you may need them on the way down!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Dean said...

Vindicated by the result I think!

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home